Spinach pakoras are healthy and delicious crunchy snacks served with tea or coffee for evening snacks in india. I usually make onion pakoras because my husband is a huge fan of it but yesterday I wanted to try making this recipe for no reason. These pakoras don’t need special evening but it can turn even the dull evenings into special ones. So lets get to the making!
- Spinach – ½ bunch (chopped)
- Chopped Onion – ½ cup
- Chopped Ginger – ½ tsp
- Green chili – 1
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Besan / Chick pea flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Hot oil – 2 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl add besan /chick pea flour and rice flour and mix well.
- Add chopped onions and green chili. Mix well.
- Now add ginger, spinach, red chili powder, cumin seeds, salt and hot oil to it. Mix everything well.
- Now add little water to combine everything .The mixture should look thick.
- Now heat oil in a frying pan and drop small portions of pakora/pakoda batter one by one into hot oil. When it turns golden brown and aromatic remove from heat and transfer it to a plate with paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve it hot.