Poha ladoo/ Aval ladoo/ Atukula laddu is made out of flattened rice which is popular both in South and North India. The most delicious and easy sweet recipe that I prepared with poha is this ladoo and this was my Friday prashadam for god. I have been preparing a lot of poha recipes these days just because I have lot of thick variety left at home as my husband brought that wrongly instead of the thin ones. So lets get to the making!
- Poha/ Aval – 2 cups
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Cardamom – 1
- Ghee – ½ cup
- Cashews – 6
How to make poha ladoo with step by step images
- In a pan dry roast poha until they get crispy. Make sure not to brown or burn them as it may alter ladoo taste. Allow it to cool down.
- Blend sugar and cardamom into powder using blender.
- Now in the same blender add roasted poha and grind it into a fine powder.
- Now heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews until golden brown and add it to the poha mixture.
- Mix and combine everything well. Now take small portions of poha mixture and make ladoo out of them.