Peas curry is an delicious side dish with rich flavors as it is made by using ground coconut and cilantro paste. This is the side dish my mom always prepares when she makes poori as we prefer this over regular potato masala. I still remember when poori with peas curry used to be our Sunday breakfast when I was a kid and we would eat it only while watching top 10 movies in sun tv. Those are golden childhood days. So without much dragging lets get to the recipe.
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Grated coconut fistful
- Cilantro fistful
- Green chili -1
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make peas curry with step by step images
- Grind coconut, cilantro and green chili together in a blender into a fine paste adding water.
- Heat a pan with oil and add mustard seeds after they crackle add urad dal after it becomes golden brown add curry leaves and onion. Saute till they become translucent then add tomatoes along with a pinch of turmeric and salt.
- When the tomatoes are done add the ground coconut cilantro paste in it and saute well for 1 minute.
- Now add the green peas and mix everything well and add 1 to 2 cup water and give it a stir.
- Now cover it with a lid and cook until peas gets done.
- Serve it hot with poori.