Egg drop curry/ Muttai udaitha kuzhambu/ Guddu pulusu is a spicy coconut based curry prepared by poaching eggs in spicy onion tomato curry. This recipe involves grinding of coconut paste which adds more taste and flavors to this curry. Adding tamarind extract gives a little tangy taste to this curry. This curry is a much easier and simple recipe that can be prepared in very less time and also with basic ingredients available in any pantry. Sunday’s are always special and family members would need extra doses of deliciousness, so even if you are beginner who would like to feed your family with a delicious dish this could be your choice. Below is the egg drop curry making video with detailed pictorial instructions to make it easy for beginners.So lets get to the making!
Egg drop curry making video
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Egg – 2
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 t bsp
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Cilantro for garnish
Ingredients For grinding
- Grated Coconut – ¼ cup
- Fennel seeds -1/4 tsp
- Green chilli – 1
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Egg drop curry with step by step images
- In a blender grind coconut and green chilli into a fine paste adding little water. Chop the onion and tomato. Keep it aside. Soak tamarind in water and extract tamarind juice.
- Heat oil in a pan add curry leaves and chopped onions. Saute well. Now add ginger garlic paste to it and saute well until the raw flavor goes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and let the tomatoes cook.
- When tomatoes look mushy add tamarind extract and mix well. Allow it to boil well.
- When the raw flavor of tamarind extract goes add coconut paste and give it a good stir. You can add little water to get curry consistency. Allow the mixture to boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now break 2 eggs separately in the pan. Do not stir. Cover it with a lid and cook in medium flame. When the egg looks cooked put off the flame. Garnish it with chopped cilantro and serve it hot with rice!