Fruit cookie/ Tutti frutti cookie/ Christmas cookie is a yummy, colorful and easy to bake cookies which will be adored by both adults and kids. Tutti frutti cookie is made with all purpose flour, egg, tutti frutti and few other basic ingredients used for making cookies. This is one such simple and easy cookie that I love to bake not only during Christmas but during any season for its flavors, taste and crunchiness from tutti frutti. This cookie can be made in eggless version too, but this particular recipe is my favorite one so thought to post this first. If you are beginner in baking you could easily bake this cookie due to its simple and easy procedure and this was the first cookie that ever made when i was a beginner too. So lets get to the making!
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Melted Butter – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Vanilla syrup – 1 tsp
- Tutti frutti -1/2 cup
How to make tutti frutti cookies with step by step images
- In a bowl add all purpose flour and baking powder. Mix well and keep it aside.
- In another bowl add melted butter and sugar. Using a hand blender beat until combined and creamy.
- Now add egg and vanilla syrup. Beat again until combined.
- Now add all purpose mixture and beat until combined and it would form a cookie dough.
- Now add tutti frutti. Mix well. Now dust a parchment paper/ wax paper with little all purpose flour. Now place the cookie dough in it and make it into square shape.
- Fold the dough. Now roll the parchment paper/ wax paper over the folded dough and freeze it for 1 hour to make the dough firm.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree. After 1 hour take the dough out off freezer and slice them slightly thick with a knife.
- If you want any particular shape you can use a cookie cutter to shape as well.
- Now arrange the sliced cookie dough on a baking tray gently and place it in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degree. (Mine is a non stick baking tray so i dint grease it, you can grease the tray with little butter)
- After 15 minutes take the cookies out of the oven. The cookies will be little soft even when its done but will harden after they cool down. When cookies brown in the side and in the bottom it is done.
- Place the cookies on cooling rack and let it cool down. When cooled it would have hardened and you can serve. Store the remaining cookies in air tight container.