Carrot poriyal/ Carrot subzi/ Carrot stir fry is a super easy and quick to make recipe prepared with just handful ingredients in a very simple method, most importantly without using coconut giving break from traditional recipe. This recipe is a little spicy and yummy one which can be accompanied with rice, roti or chapati. I used to love this carrot poriyal during my last trimester of pregnancy due to its simplicity and taste, I can say I was so addicted to this particular recipe. The below recipe involves no grinding and preparation. So lets get to the making!
- Carrot – 2
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Hing – a pinch
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a spring
How to make Carrot poriyal with step by step images
- Wash, peel and chop carrot into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, after it splutters add urad dal, when it turns golden brown add curry leaves and hing when it turns crispy add chopped carrot, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Mix well in a way the carrot gets coated well in masala. Saute carrots for a minute and then add ½ cup water. Mix well.
- Cook the carrot with lid on in medium flame till done. This should take around 5 to 7 minutes depending on the size of the carrot. Give it an occasional stir to make sure it does not get burnt.
- When the carrot looks cooked and the water has completely evaporated resembling poriyal/ dry subzi put off the flame and serve it hot with rice/ chapati!