Carrot rice is another simple, healthy and easy lunch box recipe. This recipe can be prepared either with freshly cooked rice or left over rice. I made this recipe for my husband’s lunch box and he was delighted to have it. So lets get the recipe!
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Carrot – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 2
- Red chili powder – 3/4th tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 3/4th tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4th tsp
- Curry leaves a spring
- Peanuts – 10 nos
How to make Carrot rice with step by step images
- Wash, peel and grate carrots. Chop onions and make a slit in green chilies.
- Heat oil in a pan add peanuts and fry till golden brown, then add cumin seeds after it crackles add curry leaves, chopped onions and green chili. Saute them and add ginger garlic paste to it ; saute till the raw flavor goes.
- Now add grated carrots and all dry powder and saute in low flame till carrots get cooked. Then add the cooked rice along with salt and mix well. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve it hot!