Garlic chicken is a spicy, aromatic and yummy recipe loaded with flavors of garlic as the name goes. Garlic chicken is a dish amidst gravy and masala which makes it serve as side accompany for rice, chapati, roti or sometimes can be relished just by mixing it with hot rice with few drops of ghee. This recipe is a super easy and quick recipe involving no grinding or pre preparation and also demands very few ingredients in its making. So if you are a beginner looking to serve your family with any special chicken recipe with little twist this could be your choice. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Chicken drumstick – 3
- Onion – 1
- Garlic – 12 to 15 nos
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Chopped cilantro – 1 tbsp ( for garnish)
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make spicy garlic chicken with step by step images
- Wash and clean chicken drumstick. Chop them into 3 to 4 pieces as per your taste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves and thinly sliced onion. Saute well. Now add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes.
- Now add garlic to the onion and saute until aromatic, then add chicken pieces, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and saute until the raw smell of dry powder goes.
- Now add ½ cup water and cook chicken in medium flame with lid on. When the chicken looks cooked and everything looks combined resembling thick masala put of the flame and garnish it with chopped cilantro. (the masala should look thick without any traces of onion)
- Serve it hot with rice, chapati or roti.