Tindora fry is simple and delicious recipe prepared with few basic ingredients is always a big hit in my recipe list. I was not a big fan of tindora/ kovakkai/thondakai until I tasted this recipe. It tastes so delicious since the tindora will be be cooked only in the oil without adding a drop of water. I make this quick recipe with frozen ones when i have lot of work at home and i mix it with rice and eat. So the recipe goes below.
- Tindora / kovakkai / thondakai – 1 packet
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4th tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Hing a pinch
- Curry leaves a spring
How to make Tindora fry with step by step images
- Wash and slice tindora.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai and add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
- When the urad dal turns golden brown color add the chopped tindora/ kovakkai to it along with all the dry powders including salt. Give it a good stir and cover it with lid and cook in low to medium flame. Give it a stir from time to time so that it does not get burnt. There is no need add any water.
- Once the fry is done serve it hot with rice.