Potato bajji is a delicious way to enjoy rain and cold weather. I am always reminded of bajji only when the temperature drops or when rain hits the ground. So i made these yesterday at home as evening snacks as it was a little cold than usual. For this recipe I have not added any color or soda to puff them up. According to me right consistency and temperature of oil has always given puffy bajji all these years. So lets get to the frying!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Big Potato – 1
- Besan – 1 cup
- Rice flour – ¼ cup
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Water – ¾ cup (approximately)
- Salt as needed
- Oil for frying
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Potato bajji with step by step images
- Wash, peel and slice the potatoes very thin. Now in a bowl add besan, rice flour, red chili powder and salt.
- Mix well then add water gradually to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and dip the sliced potatoes in the besan batter then slide it one by one into hot oil. Fry them in high to medium flame until golden brown. When done transfer it to plate with paper towel.
- Serve it hot with chutney.