Quiche originating from France is a delicious savory prepared with pie crust as base and stuffing consisting of veggies or meat and cheese. So I made this very easy and simplified version of quiche using bread as base to inspire my friends to cook. It is very easy to make and bake. This can be made with fresh or left over bread slices and I am sure you will fall in love with this Quiche just like me. For this recipe i have added lots of pictures and steps for easy understanding, so get to the kitchen and surprise your loved ones today!
- Bread slices – 4
- Chopped garlic – ½ tsp
- Chopped onions – ½ cup
- Chopped spinach – ½ cup
- Egg – 1
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Chopped sausage – 2 tsp (optional)
- Pepper a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Heat butter in a pan add minced garlic and chopped onion to it. Saute well and add chopped spinach and cook till they shrink in size. When it is done put off the flame and keep it aside.
- Now in a small bowl beat egg well then add milk,pepper and salt to it. Whisk everything well.
- Now arrange bread slices on a board.
- Using a round shaped cutter or cap cut the bread slices into round shape and remove the excess bread.
- Now using rolling pin flatten the bread roundels.
- Preheat oven at 350 F. Take muffins try and grease it with oil then place the bread roundels in it. Bake it for 3 minutes in the oven. This is just to make the bread crispier to hold stuffing.
- Take the bread base from the oven and quickly add the spinach stuffing and sausage into the each bread cups then pour the egg mixture and top it with cheese. Now keep the tray in the oven and bake for 15- 19 minutes.
- When done take from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- When you remove from the oven they will look fluffy and after sometime they will back off.
- Serve it hot or cold!