Potato kurma/ Aloo kurma is a very flavorful and aromatic thick gravy prepared by cooking potato in spicy coconut mixture. This potato kurma is prepared in a very easy method using pressure cooker in OPOS method. Yes one pot one shot making it so much win. Potato kurma can be served with variety of dishes like parotta, chapati, rice, idli, dosa and so on which is again a win. This yummy kurma requires only basic ingredients in its cooking making it very easy. So if you are looking for any simple yet delicious recipes to be cooked in solid 20 minutes then this should work best as once it is made for breakfast/ lunch it can be served for dinner as well which is a real bliss for bachelor/ working people. So this our second recipe in bachelor’s recipe series and hope you guys like it! So let’s get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
|10 min||20 min||30 min||3|
- Potato – 2
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Chopped Cilantro – for garnish
- Bay leaf – 1
- Star anise – 1
- Clove – 2
- Cinnamon stick – ½
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Grated Coconut – 4 tbsp
- Gram dal/ Pottukadalai – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli – 1
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Aloo kurma with step by step images
- Chop onion, tomato and potato into cubes.
- In a blender add grated coconut, gram dal/ pottukadalai and green chilli. Grind it into a fine paste adding little water.
- Now in a pressure cooker add whole spices when aromatic add chopped onions and saute well. Now and add ginger garlic paste to it. Saute well till the raw smell goes.
- When the raw smell of ginger garlic paste has gone add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well and cook till tomatoes get mushy.
- Now add chopped potato cubes and mix everything well. Now add the ground coconut paste and give it a good stir. Now add 1/2 cup water or more to get desired consistency. Mix well.
- Put on the lid and whistle and pressure cook for 1 to 2 whistles. When the pressure has subsided open the cooker lid and mix well. Garnish it with cilantro and serve it hot!