Aloo kofta curry is a delicious Indian dish where fried dumpling made with aloo and paneer are soaked in masala onion tomato curry. Aloo kofta curry has unique taste than any other regular curry and has always remained my family’s favorite recipe. Though there are lot of ingredients in its making it is worth the time spent. I usually prepare this curry with jeera rice and roti. So lets get to the making!
Ingredients for preparing kofta
- Potato( boiled, peeled and mashed) – 1 cup
- Grated paneer – 1 cup
- Chopped green chili – 1
- Corn flour- 1 ½ tbsp
- Milk- 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil for frying
Ingredients for grinding
- Chopped onion – 1 cup
- Cashews – 8
- Garlic – 1
- Ginger – 1 cube
- Tomato – 2 cup ( grind separately)
Ingredients for the Gravy
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Aloo kofta curry with step by step images
- In a bowl mash the boiled potatoes with a masher. Now add grated cheese, chopped green chili, salt, corn flour and milk. Mix everything well until combined.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Now pinch a medium portion of the potato mixture and make it into round shape. Repeat the process till all the mixture is done and keep the aloo balls aside.
- Now drop the aloo balls one by one and cook them in medium flame until golden brown. When done transfer it to a plate with paper towel and keep it aside.
- Now in a blender add chopped onion, garlic, ginger and cashew. Grind it into a fine paste and keep it aside.( I did not add water while grinding, but if you require you can add little water).
- Now in a blender add chopped tomato and grind it into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan / kadai add ground onion paste and saute till the raw smell goes. Now add the ground tomato pulp in it along with chili powder and garam masala powder in it and mix well. Allow the mixture to boil well till the raw flavors go.
- Now pour milk in it and put off the flame after one boil. Now salt add honey in it and mix well.
- Finally add the aloo kofta in it and garnish it with cilantro and serve it hot with rice or roti!