Uppu seedai is a crunchy munchy fried recipe prepared with rice flour. Seedai is popularly prepared during Gokulashtami and it can be made in with jaggery as well and is called vella seedai. Both these recipes are very delicious and need to be prepared with proper measurements and directions which yields perfect looking and tasty seedai. So lets get to the making!
How to make uppu seedai with step by step images
- Dry roast urad dal in a pan until aromatic and allow it to cool down. Grind it into fine powder in a blender. Now dry roast rice flour in pan for a minute and allow it to cool down. Make sure not to burn.
- Take a bowl add roasted rice flour, urad dal flour, melted butter, grated coconut, cumin seeds and sesame seeds. Mix everything well.
- Now add water gradually in it to form a soft dough.
- Now pinch a small portion of dough and roll it into a small ball with both your palms and repeat the process. Meanwhile heat oil in a pan and slide the rolled balls one by one and cook in low to medium flame.
- As soon as you drop them in oil you will see the oil bubbling then when it is done the bubbling will subside. Cook until it gets golden brown in color only then you can obtain crunchy seedai. Now transfer it to a plate with paper towel to drain excess oil.