Oats halwa is a healthy and delicious recipe where ghee roasted oats is cooked in milk. This halwa is very easy to make and takes only 15 minutes to prepare. So this halwa is suitable to full fill any sudden sweet cravings or can be prepared for festivals too. Sugar mentioned in the below recipe is according to my family, you can alter it. So lets get to the making!
- Oats – ¾ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Silvered almonds – for garnish
- Saffron strand – for garnish
How to oats halwa recipe with step by step images
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, add oats and roast it in medium flame until aromatic.
- Now add water to it. Mix well. When the mixture starts to boil add milk and cardamom powder. Give it a good stir.
- When the oats looks cooked and the mixture comes to halwa consistency add sugar in it. Mix well and add the remaining ghee to it. Give it a good stir and put off the flame. Garnish it with silvered almonds and saffron strands. Serve it hot!