Aval kesari is simple sweet recipe prepared by grinding aval/poha into fine rava. This kesari is usually prepared during festivals commonly for krishna jayanthi and I am a big fan of aval ladoo and aval kesari and prefer this over rava kesari. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Aval – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Sugar – ¾ to 1 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Orange food color a pinch
- Cardamom powder a pinch
[sam id=”2″ name=”Post Ads – 2″ codes=”true”]
How to make aval kesari with step by step images
- Dry roast aval in a pan and allow it to cool down. Grind it into fine rava in a blender.
- Now heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews until golden brown and keep it aside. Now in the same pan pour 2 cup water and allow it to boil. Then reduce the flame and add ground aval in it and stir continuously so that it does not form lumps.
- Cook the aval/ poha in low flame and then add food color and cardamom powder in it and give it a good stir. Now add sugar in it and mix well.
- Finally add the fried cashews and ghee and put off the flame. Serve it hot or cold!
- Make sure not to burn aval/ poha while dry roasting as it will alter the taste of the kesari.
- Allow the ground aval/ poha to cook in water in low flame then add sugar.
- Make sure to to add ground aval gradually in water so it does not form lumps.
- Sugar mentioned in the recipe is according to my family you can alter it according to your taste.