Matar poha/ Green pea poha is a quick and easy to make breakfast that is also super delish and light on tummy. Matar poha is prepared by adding soaked poha to tempered matar mixture. Adding lemon juice gives this poha little tanginess which adds to its taste. Poha can be prepared in many varieties with various combination still tastes delicious and can be prepared in jiffy. Matar poha made with few basic ingredients can be prepared on any day when you want to make quick breakfast without any side accompany, also when you run out of idli/ dosa batter or if you want to break the boredom of regular breakfast, Matar poha is most handy recipe if you are working mom/ bachelor this could be so easy for you to prepare. So lets get to the making!
- Peas – ½ cup (cooked)
- Poha/ Aval – 2 cups
- Onion – 1 (small)
- Green chilli – 2
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon – ½ piece
Ingredients To temper
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Oil – 2 tsp
* 1 cup = 160 ml
How to make matar poha with step by step images
- Wash poha and keep if aside. For this recipe I used thick poha.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, after it splutters, add cumin seeds, add curry leaves, chopped onion and green chilli.
- Saute well and add cooked matar /peas, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and saute for few seconds. Now add soaked poha.
- Mix well a little gently so that you don’t break poha or change its texture. Cover it with a lid and cook for 5 – 7 minutes with on low flame.
- When done put off the flame and squeeze lemon juice and mix well. Serve it hot!