Poha /aval also known as flattened rice is something with which i love to make breakfast. Kanda poha is a crunchy, spicy and little tangy recipe. It is easy to cook and can be made with lot of variations as well. This recipe requires no pre preparation and can be made quickly with basic ingredients. So let’s get to the recipe!
- Poha/aval – 2 cups
- Lemon juice – 1tbsp
- Green chilli – 4 nos
- Red chili – 2
- Channa dal – 2 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Peanuts – 10 nos
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
How to make kanda Poha with step by step images
- Wash and soak poha/ aval for 10 minutes. Chop onions and green chili and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan/vessel add cumin seeds after it crackles add mustard seeds when they splutter add urad dal ,channa dal, peanuts,red chili and saute till golden brown. Make sure not to burn the dal.
- Add chopped onions and green chili to it and saute until onion turns slightly brown ;add turmeric to it and after a quick stir add soaked poha/aval along with salt and mix well.
- Cover it with lid and cook in low flame for 10 mins then put off the flame and squeeze in some lemon juice and mix well.
- It tastes best when served hot!