Green gram dal curry is so simple and easy to make without any hassle and can save your day when you run out of veggies that day but still wish to eat something delicious . I usually make this recipe when I have very busy day so this can be served for lunch with rice and also with fresh chapati for dinner. Though this requires soaking of dal the preparation is very basic and can tried even by beginner cooks. So let gets to the soaking and then the making.
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Green gram dal -1 cup
- Onions – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Green chili – 2
- Garlic – 2
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4tsp
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Green gram dal curry with step by step images
- Wash and soak green gram dal for 4 to 6 hrs.
- Now in a cooker add cumin seeds and garlic ,green chili ,and chopped onions. Saute well and add tomatoes along with turmeric powder, chili powder and coriander powder .
- Now cook till the raw flavor of dry powders go. Now add the soaked gram dal and water ( I used the water with which I soaked dal). Mix everything well. Now pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
- When the pressure subsides open the pressure cooker and mix well. If the curry looks too thick add water and put off the flame after one boil.
- Serve it with hot rice.