Fresh food made from your own garden produce is a bliss.The keerai masiyal that is illustrated below is made out of spinach grown in my patio garden. This is a quick ,simple, healthy and nutritious recipe which will be cherished by both adult and kids. So lets get to it.
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Spinach – 1 small bunch
- Small onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Green chili – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili – 2
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make keerai masiyal with step by step images
- Chop the onion and tomatoes and triple wash the spinach.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds,after it crackles add chopped onion, tomato and saute it for a minute then add a pinch of turmeric powder and required amount of salt then add the spinach and give it a stir.
- Now add 1/4th cup water and pressure cook in medium flame for 1 whistle and switch it off.
- After the pressure has been released , open the cooker and let it cool down. Grind the spinach to a fine paste in a blender. The water in the cooker will be enough to grind the spinach.
- Heat a tsp of oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal, red chiliand hing. When dal turns golden brown, pour the seasoning on to the keerai and mix well. Now the keerai masiyal is ready to be served with rice.
- Serve it hot with rice.