Yesterday wen me and my hubby were taking a look at the old pics taken in las vegas it reminded me of the lemon rice that I had packed to eat for lunch during our long drive. So I thought why not refresh the memories with same rice. Lemon rice a vibrant colored rice dish enhanced with tanginess , spice and a bite of crunchiness makes an excellent travel food. It can be prepared either with freshly cooked rice or with left over rice.
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Cooked rice – 2 cup
- Big lemon – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Channa dal or Bengal gram – 1 tsp
- Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Dried red chili – 2 nos
- Green chilies – 2 nos
- A generous pinch of turmeric powder
- A pinch of hing
- Few springs of curry leaves
- Oil – 2 to 3 tsp
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Lemon rice with step by step images
- Cook 2 cups rice with 4 cups water either by using electric rice cooker or pressure cooker. Allow the rice to cool down. Squeeze lemon juice and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil add mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal , red chili and curry leaves. When dal turns golden brown add turmeric powder and green chili. Make sure not to burn the dal as it will not taste good.
- Stir everything and add lemon juice and salt. Switch off the flame and add cooked rice to it. Mix everything well and garnish it with cilantro.