A mouth watering one pot dish and popular street food in Tamil Nadu which can be prepared either by making fresh parottas or left over ones. I usually make simple beginner version of this, but this time I thought let me give it a try and this turned out great. This kothu parotta preparation requires little prepreparation , but its worth the wait. This recipe is sure divine for non veg eaters as my husband couldn’t wait to finish the bowl since I started snapping it. I regretted making only little yesterday. So lets get started without much delay.
For this preparation I will be using chicken curry prepared at home, you can use chicken salna also it will not make much difference.
- Parotta – 2 big size
- Medium sized onion – 1
- Small Tomato – 1
- Green chili – 1
- Capsicum – 1/2 cubed
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala -1/2 tsp
- Chicken Curry – 1/2 cup
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt to taste
- oil – 2 tbsp
How to make kothu parotta with step by step images
- Make the parottas into small pieces.
- Then chop onions, tomatoes, capsicum and green chili. Now heat oil in a tava or pan then add chopped onions, curry leaves and green chili in it and saute it well then add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes. Now add the the chopped tomatoes and capsicum along with all the dry powders and salt; saute it well.
- When the tomatoes have mashed well add the eggs to it and scramble them well.
- Now add the parotta pieces along with little chicken curry and few chicken pieces. Mix and mince everything well and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve it hot with raita.