Aval vada / Poha vada is an instant, easy and delicious vada with crispy exterior and soft interior. Aval/ poha and rice flour act as key ingredients in the vada making . Aval vada requires no grinding and no pre-preparation, and it can be handy for quick tea time snack or if you forget to soak dal for regular vada or if you are looking for instant vada recipe. I have been preparing this vada for many years now and has never failed to be treat for my family. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Aval/ poha – 1 ½ cup
- Rice flour – ¼ cup
- Small onion – 1
- Green chili – 1
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves a spring
- Oil for frying
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How make aval vada with step by step images
- Wash aval/ poha in water and soak it in water for 15 minutes. Chop onions and green chili and keep it aside.
- After 15 minutes drain the excess water and crumble the soaked aval/ poha with fingers. Now add chopped onion, green chili, curry leaves, rice flour and salt. Mix everything well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Take small portion of aval / poha mixture and make it into round shape then flatten it gently with the palm. Repeat the process until you finish the entire aval/ poha mixture.
- Drop the flattened poha/ aval mixture in oil one by one and cook till you achieve crispy exterior and light golden color.
- When done transfer it to a plate with paper towel and serve it hot with chutney!