Panchamirtham/ Panjamirtham is a very delicious sweet usually prepared as offering for god (hindu). This traditional sweet is made with fruits like ripe banana (as base), dry fruits, nuts, rock candy, jaggery, ghee and sometimes milk and chopped apples as well. During my childhood days we used to live near a temple where for some special occasion (Don’t remember what occasion /festival) we used make panchamirtham at home in the evening with bulk amount of fruits, nuts and all other ingredients, I used to be a part of it in adding things (assistant for my mom) that’s how the ingredients registered in my mind, but unfortunately not the occasion. So here we have that yummy recipe which can be made at home easily and offered to god. So let’s get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- 1. Ripe banana- 1 (long variety)
- 2. Dates – 4 (deseeded )
- 3. Jaggery – 1 tbsp
- 4. Cashews- 1 tbsp
- 5. Raisins/ dry grapes – 1 tbsp
- 6. Sugar candy/ Kalakandu – 1 tsp
- 7. Honey – 1 ½ tbsp
- 8. Ghee – 1 tsp
- 9. Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- In a bowl add all the ingredients except ghee. Mash everything together with a masher or using your fingers.
- Finally when everything looks combined add ghee and mix it well. Relish it.
How to make Panchamirtham with step by step images
- Assemble all the needed ingredients first as all we need to do is mash and combine everything together.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients except ghee. Mash everything together with a masher or using your fingers.Finally when everything looks combined add ghee and mix it well. Relish it.
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]