Fruit cake/ Dried fruit cake is light, fluffy, spongy and scrumptious cake that is loaded with dried fruits as the name goes. This quick and easy to make cake is my go to recipe for tea time when I don’t have mood to make any fried snacks at home still wish to have something quick and yummy. Yes few basic ingredients and a hand blender will make the preparation of this cake super duper easy. This recipe can be used during Christmas as well instead of the traditional fruit cake in a quick version and beginner friendly method. For the below recipe the choice and quantity of dry fruits used can be altered according to your taste and preference. I skipped tutti frutti in the cake which can also be added to enhance the taste of this cake. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
|15 min||30 min||45 min||4|
- All purpose flour – ¾ cup+ 1 tbsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp (at room temperature)
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Egg – 2
- Vanilla syrup – ½ tsp
- Dry fruits and Nuts – ½ cup (apricot, raisins, pista, almonds and cashews)
* My 1 cup = 235 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Dried fruit cake with step by step images
- Preheat oven at 350F/ 180 C. In a bowl add all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Chop all the dry fruits if your choice and keep it aside. In a small bowl add little all purpose flour, to it add the chopped dry fruits and toss well so that the dry fruits coat well in all purpose flour. Keep this aside.
- In a wide bowl add butter and sugar. Beat butter and sugar until combined. (if you feel you need more sweetness add extra sugar accordingly)
- Now to the butter and sugar mixture break 2 eggs and add vanilla syrup. Beat well in medium speed until combined. (It took around 3 minutes for me)
- Now add the flour mixture and blend it until combined.
- Finally add the dry fruits mixture and fold it gently.
- Grease a baking pan/ loaf pan with few drops of butter/ oil. Pour the cake batter and place it in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Every oven is different so if it is not baked in 30 minutes bake for some more time. When the cake looks done with brown sides insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean the cake is done, if it has some batter then bake for some more time
- When done take the cake out of the oven. Invert the baking tray and take the cake out. Place the cake on a cooling rack for it cool down. When the cake looks cooled slice the cake and serve it!