Fruit custard is an age old delicious and easy to make dessert loaded with fruits and topped with nuts in a rich custard mixture. Fruit custard that can be prepared in jiffy is one such brilliant and yummiest way to incorporate all the fruits of our choice in our diet, and there is no best time to prepare and relish the dessert because goodness on any day is preferred. When I used to live in India and Dubai my mom used to make this almost twice every week and she used to present it every time in an eye-catching way with jelly, nuts, wafers, cherries, tutti frutti, gummies and whatever we were interested in. So this recipe is very simple to prepare and does not involve any special process for its deliciousness. I haven’t made this for years and I was suddenly reminded of it during a chit chat session with my close friend kaushi, i promised her to post this in my blog and its been quite a long time. And finally the post is here. For the below recipe, the quantity of fruits, sugar and milk can be altered according to individual preference and any fruits of your choice can be added as well. So lets get to the making!
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
|1 hr 15 min||10 min||1 hr 25 min||3|
- Milk – 2 cups
- Custard powder – 2 tbsp
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Fruits – 1 cup (grapes, banana, apple, kiwi)
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Cashews – 1 tbsp
- Tutti frutti – 1 tbsp
- Cheery – for décor
- Water – ¼ cup
* 1 cup = 160 ml
How to make fruit custard with step by step images
- In ¼ cup of cold milk add custard powder and mix well without any lumps. Keep this mixture aside.
- In a pan add ¼ cup water first then add milk. Allow it to boil. When the milk starts to boil add sugar and mix well. Adding water first eliminates the milk burning in the bottom.
- Now put the flame to low and add the custard mixture and keep stirring continuously else it will form lumps. Within few minutes the mixture will start to thicken at that point put off the flame and keep it aside. Allow the mixture to cool down. When the mixture has cooled down refrigerate for an hour.
- Keep the fruits ready.(Chop the fruits just before adding the custard mixture) Now in a wide bowl add the chopped fruits, then add the chilled custard mixture over the chopped fruits.
- Mix everything well. Now add the fruit custard in serving bowl. Garnish it with chopped cashews and tutti frutti, finally add a cherry for décor. Serve it immediately!