Rava sweet paniyaram is an instant, easy and very handy recipe when you have overripe banana at home. Rava sweet paniyaram is prepared with rava/sooji, banana, maida acting as key ingredients and is cooked with ghee which enhances the taste of this dish. Rava sweet paniyaram can be made as evening snacks or even during festivals. This recipe can be prepared in very less time and requires no grinding. The sugar quantity mentioned is according to my family, you can alter the quantity as per your taste. So lets get to the making!
- Rava/ sooji– 1 cup
- Maida – ½ cup
- Rice flour – 1 tsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Banana – 1
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Broken cashews – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Baking soda – a pinch
- Ghee for making paniyaram
How to make Rava sweet paniyaram with step by step images
- In a bowl add sooji and water. Mix well and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Peel and mash banana in a bowl with a spoon or masher.
- After 15 minutes sooji will look dry, mix well and add mashed banana, sugar, maida, rice flour, cardamom powder, baking soda and cashews. Mix well.
- Now add milk to make thick batter. ( if u feel the batter is little dry add little more milk to get the right consistency).
- Heat the paniyaram pan, add little ghee in each mold and pour the batter in each mold. Cover it with a lid and cook. When sides brown flip the paniyaram and cook. When done transfer it to a plate and serve it hot!