Ribbon pakoda/ Nada karasu/ Ribbon murukku is a delicious and crunchy munchy snack made during festivals is very easy to prepare and does not involve any grinding, roasting and pre preparation in its making. Ribbon pakoda prepared with rice flour and besan is a beginner friendly recipe as it involves less amount of work and also does not demand too many ingredients in its making. So if you are looking for an simple and quick murukku this could be your choice. So lets get to the making!
- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Besan – 1 cup
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Melted butter – 2 tsp
- Hot oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil for frying
* 1 cup = 160 ml
How to make ribbon pakoda with step by step images
- In a bowl add rice flour, besan, red chili powder, sesame seeds, melted butter, hot oil and salt. Mix everything well and add water to it gradually to make it into a dough.
- I used the above murukku press with the above shaped disc template to make ribbon pakoda.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Now take a portion of dough and fit it in the murukku maker. Press the murukku dough to form single layer in hot oil. As soon as The batter is dropped in oil it will start bubbling and it will subside as soon as the murukku is cooked.
- When one side is flip the murukku and cook till done. Remove it from oil when it is golden brown and transfer it to a plate with paper towel to drain excess oil.