Aloo poha is an easy, spicy, lemony and crunchy poha recipe prepared by adding boiled potato in poha then with a twist of lemon juice as final touch. I love to prepare this recipe for breakfast as it requires no side accompany ! So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Potato( boiled, peeled and cubed) – 1
- Poha/aval – 2 cups
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli – 4 nos
- Channa dal – 2 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Peanuts – 5 nos
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
- Wash and soak poha/ aval for 10 minutes. Chop onions and green chili and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan/vessel add cumin seeds after it crackles add mustard seeds when they splutter add urad dal ,channa dal, peanuts and saute till golden brown. Make sure not to burn the dal.
- Add chopped onions and green chili to it and saute until onion turns slightly brown ;add turmeric and boiled potato to it and mix well.
- Now add soaked poha/aval along with salt and mix well.
- Cover it with lid and cook in low flame for 10 minutes then put off the flame and add lemon juice and mix well.
- It tastes best when served hot!