Kothu parotta is a delicious one pot dish and is very famous in Tamil Nadu. It can be prepared either with fresh or left over parottas and also in both versions veg and non veg kothu parotta. This recipe is spicy, crunchy with veg salna flavors infused in parotta which will tempt anyone to eat. For this preparation I used vegetable salna prepared at home which is actually the main reason for its deliciousness. So lets get to the making!
- Parotta – 4
- Small onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Capsicum cubed – ½ cup
- Veg salna – ½ cup
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ ts
- Salt as needed
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cilantro for garnish
How to make Veg kothu parotta with step by step images
- Make the parottas into small pieces. Then chop onions, tomatoes, capsicum and green chili.
- Now heat oil in a tava or pan then add chopped onions, curry leaves and green chili in it and saute it well now add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Now add the the chopped tomatoes and capsicum along with the dry powders and salt saute it well.
- When the tomatoes have mashed well add veg salna and mix well then add the parotta pieces. Mix and mince everything well.
- Serve it hot with raita.