Capsicum shrimp curry is so much trending at my home and i have started making it often so i wanted to share it in my blog. This gravy requires no grinding and is little different from usual shrimp gravy as it holds some crunchiness and flavors from capsicum as well. It is very aromatic , spicy and little tangy. So lets quickly run through the ingredients and then the recipe.
The capsicum used in this recipe is homegrown.
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Shrimp – 10
- Capsicum – 1 small
- Small onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder – 3/4th tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves aspring
- oil – 2 tsp
How to make Capsicum shrimp curry with step by step images
- Chop onions, tomatoes and capsicum. Wash , clean and devein shrimp.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai and add cumin seeds after it crackles add,curry leaves and chopped onions and saute them. Once it is lightly sauteed add ginger garlic paste and saute it again till the raw flavor goes . Now add chopped tomatoes and all the dry powders and give it a good stir and close it with a lid.
- Once the tomatoes have mashed well add in the capsicum cubes along with the shrimp and give it a stir . Now add 1 1/2 – 2 cup water and cover it with lid. After cooking it for 5- 10 mins the curry and when it becomes thick put off the flame when u get desired curry consistency.
- It is ready to be served with rice or roti! I served it with basmati rice it tasted delicious.