An awesome side dish packed with protein without which Sundays lunch cannot be full filled. For this recipe I have used cat fish which is the only variety that like to taste in the absence of vanjaram fish. The below recipe is a simple version and will taste delicious with basic ingredients available in your pantry. So lets get started!
- Fish – 2 pieces
- Tamarind a gooseberry size
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric a pinch
- Salt as needed
- Oil for frying
How to make fish fry with step by step images
- Clean the fish well. Soak tamarind in water and extract the tamarind juice.
- Now in a small bowl add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt , ginger garlic paste and tamarind extract to form a paste.
- The paste should be thick and not watery. Now apply the masala paste to the fish and marinate it for 20 mins.
- Now heat a pan with oil and place the fish onto the tava and fry it in medium flame. After 5 mins flip the fish to the other side and continue frying till gets done.
- Serve the fish hot with rice and curry of your choice.