Egg pasta is a spicy and masala filled Indian style pasta prepared by tossing cooked pasta in spicy onion tomato mixture. Egg pasta is a super easy and quick to make recipe that is also a beginner friendly, lunch box and travel friendly recipe as it it easy to store and mess free one. Indian style egg pasta holds all the flavors of a typical Indian dish and hence will be liked by any one. This pasta requires only basic everyday ingredients available in the kitchen and requires no grinding or any pre preparation which is why it takes very less time to prepare. For the below recipe I used gemelli pasta variety, but you can use any pasta variety that you like. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
|5 min||25 min||30 min||2|
- Pasta – ½ cup (gemelli variety)
- Egg – 2
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Green capsicum – ¼ cup
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp + 1 tsp
* My 1 cup = 235 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Egg pasta with step by step images
- Boil water in a pot; add salt and a tsp oil to the rolling water. Now add pasta in it and cook till done.( It took 10 mins for me).
- Now drain the water from pasta using colander and pour cold water over the cooked pasta so that it does not get sticky.
- Chop onion, tomato and green capsicum. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds when it crackles add chopped onion and saute well. When the onions look sauteed add ginger garlic paste and saute well till the raw smell goes.
- When the raw smell of ginger garlic paste has gone add chopped tomatoes. Saute once then add red chilli powder, salt and garam masala powder. Mix and saute well till tomatoes becomes soft and cooked.
- When the tomatoes look mushy break 2 eggs and scramble it. While scrambling the eggs add the chopped capsicum and mix well.
- When the egg looks completely scrambled add the cooked pasta and toss well until everything is combined well. When everything looks combined put off the flame and serve it hot!