Podi Idli/ Spicy idli is a super easy and quick to make breakfast that can be prepared in jiffy by tossing tempered idli cubes in spicy idli podi/ chutney powder. Podi idli can be made on any when you have no mood to make side fish or when you have leftover idli from breakfast or previous day/ or if the idli batter is very sour. Anytime when you want to make all you need is just handful ingredients to prepare it and just 15 minutes voila a simple yet delish breakfast will be ready. For the below recipe the amount of idli podi can be altered according to individual preference. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
|5 min||10 min||15 min||1|
- Idli – 2
- Podi/Chutney powder – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make podi idli with step by step images
- Chop idli into cubes and keep it aside. Chop onion finely and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan/ kadai add mustard seeds, after it splutters add urad dal, after it turns golden brown add curry leaves and chopped onion. Saute well.
- When the onions look sauteed add little salt and idli podi/ chutney powder. Mix well.
- Add chopped idli cubes and toss it well. Put off the flame and serve it hot!