Quinoa kesari/ Quinoa sheera is a delicious and healthy sweet that is also a easy and quick to make recipe with a preparation similar to rava kesari/ sheera where only sooji/ rava is replaced with quinoa which gives the kesari a unique taste and makes it a healthy one. Quinoa kesari can be prepared for any festival, special occasion or on friday pooja to replace the boredom and give a new twist to regular kesari/ sheera. This simple and beginner friendly recipe involves only handful ingredients and also not much of pre preparation. For the below recipe adding edible food color is optional, i wished the kesari to look like traditional rava kesari so added orange food color, also the sugar quantity can be altered accordingly. So lets get to the making!
You can checkout my other quinoa recipes below:
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
|10 min||15 min||25 min||2|
- Quinoa – ¼ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Orange food color – a pinch
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Cashews – 4
* 1 cup = 160 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Quinoa kesari with step by step images
- Wash and soak 1/4 quinoa in water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes drain the water and keep the quinoa side.
- Heat a pan add 1 tsp ghee, now add cashews and fry it until golden brown. When done remove it from the pan and add the soaked quinoa and roast for few seconds. Now add 1 cup water and mix well. Allow it to boil well with lid on in medium flame. This should take about 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the quinoa looks cooked and dry add orange food color. Mix well.
- Now add add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well and add ghee and fried cashews. When everything looks combined put off the flame and serve it!