Mango kesari/ Mango sheera is a quick and delicious sweet recipe prepared with sooji and mango puree as key ingredients. Adding ghee and cardamom powder adds to its taste. Mango sheera recipe was given to me by my mom long long ago so long that i was again reminded by her as she sent pictures of mango kesari prepared by her from homegrown mangoes. I was so tempted with the picture and finally decided it should be in my blog as well. Anything and everything about mango excites me as its my hubby’s favorite fruit, though i am not a big fan of it, love to make n number of recipes with it just for him. So back to the recipe this sheera/ kesari is very similar to kesari preparation just an addition of flavors and taste through mangoes. Most importantly this recipe adds no artificial color as mangoes natural color give this sheera an appetizing yellow color. this recipe can be prepared with both fresh and frozen mangoes, so all you need is just 10 minutes and the sheera/ kesari will be ready. So are craving for some sweet now? Then let’s get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Mango puree – ½ cup
- Sooji/ Rava/ Semolina – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Water – 1 ½ cups
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 5 nos
- Cardamom powder/Elaichi – a pinch
* 1 cup = 160 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Mango kesari with step by step images
- Puree the mango cubes in a blender and keep it aside.
- Dry roast semolina/rava in a pan and keep it aside. Now in the same pan add ghee and fry cashews until golden brown. When done transfer it to a plate and keep it aside.
- Now in the same pan add water and allow it to boil. When it starts boiling add the mango puree and mix well.
- now reduce the flame to low then add the roasted sooji/semolina /rava to it. keep stirring continuously while adding roasted sooji/ rava to eliminate lumps. Cover it with lid and let it cook in low flame for a minute or until sooji/rava is cooked.
- Now add sugar and elaichi/ cardamom powder and mix well. Put of the flame off and add ghee and fried cashews to it . The kesari should come off the pan and now it is ready to be served hot.