Doodh peda/ Milk peda is a delicious Indian milk sweet/ fudge that can be prepared to make any festival special. The traditional doodh peda/ milk peda preparation involves time consuming process hence I though to share this simple and quick method of making peda using condensed milk and milk powder as key ingredient to help my beginner friends. Since ugadi is next week I thought this recipe might be handy as this peda requires just 12- 15 minutes to make and will be ready in no time with the taste equivalent to store bough ones. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Milk powder – 1 cup
- Condensed milk – ½ tin
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Saffron – 5
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Ingredients For garnish
- Pistachios – 6 (chopped)
- Saffron – few
* 1 cup = 160 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Doodh peda with step by step images
- Heat a wide non- stick pan, keep the flame low, add ghee, milk powder and condensed milk. Mix well so that everything looks well combined without any lumps.
- At first when the mixture is mixed it will be little thick which will get little watery as you stir, at that add the milk and saffron mixture along with cardamom powder to it and mix well with continuous stirring until well combined.
- When everything is combined keep stirring and with 8 to 10 minutes the mixture will start thickening gradually and will form a mass leaving the sides of the pan, At that point take a tiny portion if the mixture and try to make ball, if it forms a non- sticky perfect ball put off the flame and keep the mixture aside and let it cool down.
- When the mixture is just warm grease your hands with little ghee, pinch small portion of mixture and make it into round shape, then flatten it gently by keeping it between the palms and make a neat dent in the center using index finger. Repeat the process till all the mixture is over.
- Now when all the peda is ready place the chopped pistachio and saffron in the dent and press it gently. So at this point the peda will be fragile and chewy so let it sit for 4 to 5 hours after which they will be perfect like the store bought ones. Serve it then and store the rest in air tight container, first day outside and from following day in refrigerator.