Bread vegetable masala sandwich is a yummy and healthy sandwich loaded with veggies and taste. This sandwich is prepared by making an easy and hassle free spicy filling with onion, tomato, carrot and beans with basic masala powder to add to its taste. I make this sandwich for breakfast when we get really bored of idli, dosa and upma and has never failed to be a hit at home as it is my mom’s recipe. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Beans – 1 cup
- Carrot – 1 ½ cup (grated)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
* 1 cup = 160 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make vegetable sandwich with step by step recipes
- Chop onions, tomatoes and beans finely. Wash, peel and grate carrots.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, after it splutters add chopped onion. Saute well.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well and saute. Allow the tomatoes to get cooked.
- When tomato looks cooked add chopped beans and grated carrot. Mix well and allow the vegetables to cook in medium flame with lid on without adding any water. It took around 10 minutes for me to get it cooked. When done put off the flame.
- Toast bread and spread the vegetable mixture on one side and place another bread slice on it. Cut it diagonally and serve!