Instant wheat flour appam is a super easy, yummy and healthy sweet recipe that can be prepared in no time with only few ingredients that you can easily pull out of your pantry. This instant appam is a great way to make use of overripe banana and also this appam can be made during festivals or can be served as evening snack to satisfy that tiny sweet craving. I have added cashews in this recipe so that in between the spongy texture we can feel some crunchiness as well. Most importantly I have used very little ghee in making appam by using appe/ paniyaram pan instead of deep frying which again adds to health benefit.
Below is the making video of instant wheat flour appam to make it easy for beginners. So lets get to the making!
Instant wheat flour appam making video
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tsp
- Banana – 1( big)
- Water – ¾ cup approx.
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Chopped cashews – 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
* 1 cup = 160 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make instant wheat flour appam with step by step images
- Peel banana and mash them in a bowl.
- Now to the mashed banana add wheat flour, rice flour and sugar (coconut optional).
- Mix it well and add water gradually to it to form thick batter. ( I added around ¾ cup water with the same cup I measured wheat flour).
- Now add baking soda, cardamom powder and chopped cashews. Mix well.
- Now heat paniyam/ appe pan grease each mold with some ghee, then add batter in each mold. Cover it with a lid and cook.
- When the edges brown flip it carefully and cook till done in medium flame with lid on.
- When done transfer the cooked sweet appam to a plate and serve it hot.