Kadai mushroom (dry) is a spicy and masala flavored dish with crunchiness from capsicum is such a simple and easy to make side dish that always remains as one of my top priority whenever I make roti or chapati. I have been making this dish since the time I learnt cooking as it does not involve any grinding or pre preparation. Kadai mushroom can be prepared with paneer too but as I am a big fan of mushrooms I often prepare it with this and prefer it to be little dry. One thing that i admire about this dish is the cube shaped onion and capsicum/ bell pepper which adds to beautiful presentation and also little crunchiness when you bite in. So lets get to the making!
- Mushrooms – 6 to 8
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Capsicum – ½
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
How to make Kadai mushroom with step by step images
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds after it splutters, add chopped onion cubes. Saute well and add ginger garlic paste. Saute well until the raw smell goes. Now add chopped green chilli and saute.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well and let the tomatoes cook.
- When the tomatoes look cooked and mushy add chopped capsicum cubes. Saute well.
- Now add chopped mushrooms and mix well. Allow the mushrooms to get cooked with lid on. (No need to add water).
- When the mushrooms look cooked and the gravy looks very dry put off the flame and serve it hot with chapati or roti.