Carrot halwa/ Gajar ka halwa is a very delicious Indian sweet prepared with grated carrots and milk acting as key ingredients. Carrot halwa/ Gajar ka halwa is one such easy and simple halwa that anyone can prepare easily at home using few simple ingredients available in one’s pantry. Carrot halwa can be prepared in different ways like using condensed milk and khoya, but for the below recipe I used regular milk, as I like it better with it. I am a huge fan of this halwa as it healthy, yummy and most importantly involves no food color. Everyone’s cooking method and recipe is different so the below one is something i learnt from my mom and best suits my family. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Grated carrot – 2 cup
- Milk – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar – ¾ to 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Ghee – ¼ cup
- Cashews – 6
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make carrot halwa with step by step images
- Heat ghee in a pan/ heavy bottom vessel fry cashews until golden brown. Now add grated carrot in it and saute well in medium flame.
- Keep stirring occasionally keeping an eye on the pan. The carrot should look cooked and reduce in quantity.
- Now add milk to it and give it a good stir. Allow it to boil well stirring the mixture every now and then.
- When the mixture looks semi solid add sugar and mix well.
- Keep stirring and when the carrot mixture starts to leave the pan and has halwa consistency put off the flame and serve it hot.