Mixture is spicy snack made with kara boondi, ompodi and few other ingredients to enhance its taste. Mixture can be prepared for festival or as tea time snack. So whenever I make kara boondi and ompodi at home I make sure to retain some quantity of both to prepare this mixture. Mixture is very easy to make so if you have kara boondi and ompodi ready at home, and moreover homemade ones are much tastier and healthier. Everyone prepares mixture in different ways, and this is the way my mom used to prepare it and I have relished the same from my childhood. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make mixture with step by step images
- Prepare ompodi and kara boondi as shown.
- Heat oil and fry cashews and peanuts until golden brown and keep it aside.
- Now fry gram dal until golden brown and keep it aside.
- Then fry poha/ aval until crispy and keep it aside.
- Finally fry curry leaves until crispy and keep it aside.
- Now add chilli powder to kara boondi, ompodi, fried cashews, peanuts, gram, poha/ aval and curry leaves. Mix well and serve.