Corn vada or corn fritters with crispy exterior and soft interior is an instant, healthy and easy snacks made in just 10 minutes. Corn vada is prepared by combing ground corn and bread, which is then shaped and fried in oil. This is a very handy recipe when you have sudden guests at home or when you want to prepare healthy snacks in very less time with handful ingredients. For the below recipe I used frozen corn and this recipe requires grinding of corn. So lets quickly get to the making.
- Corn – 1 cup
- Bread – 2 slices
- Maida – 3 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Chopped green chili – 1
- Chopped ginger – ¼ tsp ( optional)
- Chopped cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for frying
How to make Corn vada with step by step images
- In a blender add corn and grind it coarse. Make bread slices into small pieces (only white portion).
- Transfer the corn mixture to a bowl, add bread pieces, chopped green chili, ginger, maida, rice flour, salt and chopped cilantro. Mix well and it should form a soft dough. (If you feel its dry sprinkle little water to form soft dough).
- Heat oil in frying pan. Now take small portion of dough, make it into small ball and flatten it gently with your palm. Repeat process until you finish the dough.
- Drop the flattened vada one by one in the oil and fry them in medium flame. When they turn golden brown remove from oil and transfer it to a plate with paper towel. Serve it hot with ketchup!