Butter murukku is an easy and quick recipe made by combining rice flour, besan and gram flour. Butter murukku is usually prepared during diwali and they hold special aroma than other murukku. This murukku requires no preparation and no special shaping and can be easily made using murukku presser. So lets quickly get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Gram dal flour – ½ cup
- Besan – ½ cup
- Melted butter – 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil for frying
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make butter murukku with step by step images
- In a blender add gram dal and grind it into fine powder.
- In a bowl add rice flour, besan, gram dal flour, salt, cumin seeds and butter. Mix well.
- Add water gradually to form a pliable dough. ( I used around 3/4 to 1 cup water).
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Take the murukku maker and place star disc template.
- Now take medium portion of dough and place it in the murukku maker and press in it the oil forming only one layer and fry in medium flame. As soon as the batter is dropped in oil you will see the oil bubbling.
- When one side is done flip it gently. When the bubbles cease and the muruku is in light golden color remove the murukku from oil and transfer it to a plate.
- Serve it to your family and friends!