Shahi tukda is a mouthwatering dessert made by soaking ghee fried bread slices in sweetened milk mixture/ rabri. This is my all time favorite recipe as it is very easy to make and very delicious. I prepared this recipe today as it was a very hot day here in CA, and I wished to serve my family something chill. The below recipe is according to my family taste and preference you alter it according to your choice! So lets get to the making!
- Whole milk – 1 ½ cup
- Condensed milk – ¾ cup
- Grated paneer – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Bread slices – 4
- Ghee for frying bread slices
Ingredients For garnish
- Silvered Pistachios – 1 tsp
- Silvered Almonds- 1 tbsp
- Saffron strands few
How to make Shahi tukda with step by step images
- In a pan add ¼ cup water and milk. After the milk has boiled add condensed milk in it and mix well.
- After one boil add grated paneer and mix well. Now simmer the flame for 10 minutes. Now add cardamom powder and put off the flame after one boil.
- Now take the bread slices and chop off the sides. Divide each bread slice into half in such a way that each bread slice yields 2 triangles.
- Heat ghee in a pan and place the bread slices and fry them in ghee until golden brown.
- When done transfer it to a plate and pour the prepared rabri on it and garnish it with almonds, pistachios and saffron strands. Refrigerate it for an hour and serve it!