Boondi ladoo is a delicious indian sweet recipe prepared during festivals like diwali. Boondi ladoo is made with besan acting as key ingredient in making boondi( small fried yellow ball). This ladoo is easy to make and gives perfect results when made with correct measurements and technique. I was thinking to post this recipe next month just before diwali but Sridevi Ravi i was so compelled to post it today because of your sweet comments. So here goes the recipe and making!
Boondi ladoo has 3 parts in its preparation
- Making sugar syrup
- Making boondi
- Making ladoo
Ingredients For ladoo batter
- Besan – 1 ¾ cup
- Water – 1 cup ( approximately)
- Yellow food color – a pinch
- Baking soda – a pinch
- Oil for frying
Ingredients For sugar syrup
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Water – 1 ½ cup
Ingredients For making ladoo
- Boondi – 3 cups (Soaked in sugar syrup)
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Broken cashews – 10
- Dry grapes – 6 to 8
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Clove – 2 ( optional)
How to make Boondi ladoo with step by step images
- In a pan / pot add sugar and water. Mix well and allow it to boil in medium flame till you achieve 1 string consistency. Then put off the flame and keep it aside ( when you put a drop of sugar syrup in water it should not dissolve that is called 1 string consistency).
- Heat ghee in a small pan add cashews after it turns golden brown add dry grapes and cardamom powder. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. In a bowl add besan and a pinch of baking soda. Now add water gradually to achieve boondi batter. The batter should not be thick nor thin. Then add a pinch of food color and mix well. The batter should be mixed well without forming any lumps.
- You can see in the above picture the consistency of the batter. If the batter is perfect you will get perfect round boondi without any tail. If you get tails in boondi adjust it with water or besan adequately.
- Now take the boondi ladle (Regular frying ladle with holes can also be used) and pour little batter in the center. Do not pour too much as it will form lumps. You will see the boondi droplets falling into oil. You can also spread the batter with spoon for free falling of boondi.
- Now cook them in medium flame by flipping them gently. The should just be cooked and should not get crispy. Remove from oil and drop them in sugar syrup. Repeat the the process till you finish the entire batter. Allow the boondi to soak in sugar syrup until they absorb it.
- Now strain them from the sugar syrup and transfer it to a bowl. Now add the ghee fried cashew and dry grapes in it and mix well. When the mixture is still warm start making ladoo. Take small portion of boondi mixture and make ladoo. Transfer it to serving plate and serve it to your family.