Apple jalebi is a fried sweet recipe prepared by soaking batter coated fried apple rings in sugar syrup. I prepared this favorite sweet recipe of mine today as it is 1st anniversary of our house. Since my family is so excited today I thought making apple jalebi will be real treat for them. Trust me even apple haters will just fall in love with this jalebi. This recipe is easy to make and the key lies in preparing perfect batter. So lets get to the making!
- Maida – 1 cup
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Yeast – ½ tsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Oil – for frying
- Silvered almonds – 1 tbsp
- Silvered pistachios – 1 tbsp
- Saffron strands
Ingredients for Sugar syrup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
How to make Apple jalebi with step by step images
- Take ½ cup warm water, add sugar and yeast. Mix well with a spoon and keep it aside for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- In a pan add water and sugar. Mix well and allow it to boil in medium flame until you achieve 1 string consistency then put off the flame and keep it aside.
- In a bowl add maida, ghee and yeast mixture. Mix everything well.
- Now add ½ cup water to form thick batter. Now keep the batter aside for 1 hour.
- Peel an apple and slice them roundels chopping the middle portion.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. After 1 hour the batter would have doubled and will be frothy when you mix. Now dip apple rings one by one in the batter and coat it well.
- Now drop the batter coated apple ring one by one gently in oil and cook in medium flame. (You will see the apple puffing up). When one side is done flip it other side and cook till it gets a little crispy. When done add it to the sugar syrup and coat it well in sugar syrup. Allow it to soak for just 1 minute then garnish it with silvered almonds, pistachios and saffron strands.
- Serve it immediately.