Broccoli pakoda / Pakora is a tasty, crunchy and healthy snack where flour coated broccoli is fried in oil. I like pakoda when they are crunchy so i don’t prefer to dip them in batter and fry, Coating broccoli in flour gives it a brittle and crunchy texture which makes it more enjoyable to eat. This recipe is easy to prepare and has only handful ingredients in its making. So lets get to the making!
- Broccoli – 1 (small floret)
- Ginger garlic paste – ¼ to ½ tsp
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Besan – 2/3 cup
- Rice flour – ½ cup
- Hot oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
How to make Broccoli pakoda with step by step images
- Cut broccoli florets and drop them in boiling water and put off the flame. Drain the water from broccoli after 5 minutes. Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Now in a bowl add blanched broccoli, ginger garlic paste, rice flour, besan, salt, chili powder and hot oil. Now mix well and sprinkle little water to coat the broccoli in flour ( I used less than ¼ cup water ).
- Now drop the broccoli florets in oil and fry in medium flame. When they turn crispy and golden brown transfer it to a plate and serve it hot.