Mysore pak is a delicious sweet recipe prepared with besan and ghee and they are known to melt in mouth. It can be prepared in both stove and microwave . The below recipe is an instant one which can be prepared in just 5 minutes and surprise your audience. I usually opt this method if I have sudden guest coming home and I thought to share it in my blog as few of my friends requested for quick sweets. So lets get to the making!
- Besan – 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Milk – 4 tsp
How to make instant mysore pak with step by step images
- In a microwave safe bowl add besan and 2 tbsp ghee and mix well. Microwave it for 1 minute. When you take it you will smell roasted besan aroma.
- Now add milk to it and mix well then add the remaining ghee in it and mix well.
- Now microwave it for 1 minute. This time you will see the mixture have paste consistency with ghee floating on the top.
- Now mix it well and microwave again for 1 minute.
- Now for the last time microwave the mixture for 30 seconds. This time you will find the mixture frothy and bubbling. Grease a tray with ghee and transfer the mixture in it and shape it uniformly.
- Allow the mixture to cool for about 20 – 30 minutes. Then run a knife through it and cut it to desired shapes and serve!