Tomato pasta is simple and tangy pasta can be a real treat for tomato lovers and can be prepared easily at home from scratch with basic ingredients. Rotini shaped pasta is something I use often at home for pasta salads and other tomato based pasta dish as my hubby is a big fan of it. The beautiful part about the recipe is that I used my homegrown cherry tomatoes as garnish and it tasted amazing. So lets get to the recipe quickly!
- Pasta – 1 cup ( Rotini shape)
- Big Tomato – 3
- Garlic – 1
- Basil – ¼ tsp
- Chili fakes – ¼ tsp
- Pepper – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Sugar a pinch
- Salt as needed
- Cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Chopped parsley for garnish
How to make Tomato pasta with step by step images
- Boil water in a pot; add salt and a tsp oil to the rolling water. Now add pasta in it and cook till done ( It took 10 mins for me). Now drain the water from pasta using colander and pour cold water over the cooked pasta so that it does not get sticky.
- Chop garlic and tomatoes. Now heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and tomatoes. Saute well then add salt, chili flakes and dried basil. Cook till the tomatoes get mushy. Now add little water and cook till you get sauce consistency and add pinch of sugar.
- Now add the cooked pasta and toss it in sauce in high flame and switch off. Garnish it with chopped parsley and cherry tomatoes.